Make the Best Omlette Ever!
Omlettes are not hard to make and can easily be done quickly. If you follow these tips you will have success.
3 large eggs, at room temperature
Pinch of kosher or Himilayan salt
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
salt and pepper
Fillings of choice (cheese, ham, diced peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni, chopped onions.) Have all ingredients chopped and ready to put on omlette.
Fresh herbs such as parsley, oregano, chives, tarragon, dill.
Crack eggs into a small bowl and season with salt. Beat the eggs with a fork until the whites and yolks are thoroughly blended.
Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat for a few minutes.
Once the butter melts, pour eggs into the center of the pan and stir vigorously with a silicone spatula for 5 seconds. As soon as curds begin to form, lift the pan and tilt it around until the excess liquid pours off the top of the curds and into the pan. While the eggs are still wet, top it with cheese and other toppings (don’t overdo it). Leave it alone until a crust forms along the edge.
Shake the pan gently to make sure the omelet is loose, then use your spatula to flip one side over the other into a half moon.
Add more cheese to the top and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- Beat the eggs really well until there are no more flecks of white.
- Allow the butter to melt and sizzle before pouring in the eggs.
- As the egg starts to set, drag with a fork towards the middle of the pan, filling any gaps with the raw egg mix.
- Add any fillings on one half, once the egg has set, scatter on before folding.
- Use a wooden spatula to help you roll up or fold your omelette in the pan, then slide it onto the plate. It should easliy slide out of your nonstick pan.
- Top off with cheese and freshly cut herbs.