Puff Pastry, Strawberry and Cream Dessert
recipe adapted from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/strawberry-puff-pastry-dessert
This dessert is very light and creamy. Served cold this is a very refreshing dessert when berries are in season.
1 package frozen puff pastry
5 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
2 ounces good quality white chocolate, chopped
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
chocolate syrup (optional)
- Thaw one puff pastry sheet (save remaining sheet for another use). Unfold pastry; cut lengthwise into three 3-in.-wide strips. Cut each strip into thirds, making nine squares.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Place 3 cups strawberries in a blender; cover and puree; set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Add cream cheese and vanilla and pudding; beat until smooth. Stir in the puree. Fold in whipped cream.
- Split pastry squares in half horizontally. Line an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish with bottom pastry halves, cut side up; spread with half of strawberry cream. Top with 1 cup of sliced berries. Cover with pastry tops, cut side down.
- Spread with remaining strawberry cream. Sprinkle with remaining berries. Or heap with even more fresh berries and drizzle chocolate syrup over each serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.