Burritos with Black Beans, Chicken, Peppers
What is better than a fast supper? Nothing, try this with left over chicken, you could add what ever other veggies you like. These can also be frozen, cut in half for two servings.
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 cup corn (frozen, or fresh)
- 1.5 cup mozzarella or Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup cooked rice (Optional)
- ½ bell pepper, chopped (or use frozen when not in season.
- ½ onion, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- juice of half a line
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 chicken breasts cut into small strips or pieces brown slightly in pan, season with salt and pepper and a bit of garlic powder.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat, add the peppers, onion, garlic, corn, cilantro, butter, juice of the lime, and spices, saute for 2-4 minutes on high. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make the wraps, Lay tortilla flat on plate or counter, add ¼ cup of the bean mixture, 2 tablespoons rice, 2-3 tablespoons cheese. Be sure to leave about 2-3 inches from the corners. Wrap burrito by folding over the edges. Continue this for all 8 burritos.
- After the burritos are wrapped heat a large skillet or pan, add 1 teaspoon oil, place the burritos on the skillet for 1-2 minutes on each side until they are golden and crispy. For the “ridges” use a griddle that has the ridged lines.