Oatmeal, Toffee, Chocolate Chip Bars
Who doesn’t like a treat now and then. This is a good bar recipe to freeze. I had to make bars for an event and made these a week ahead and cut them up and shrink wrapped them and they really were like taking them out of the oven by letting them come to room temperature before eating. Use the best quality ingredients you can buy.
- 1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS ‘O BRICKLE Toffee Bits, divided
- 3 cups quick-cooking or regular rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup(2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Set aside 1/4 cup toffee bits. Stir remaining toffee bits and oats into batter (batter will be stiff). Spread batter into prepared pan; sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup toffee bits, chocolate chips, coconut and almonds over surface.
4. Bake 20- 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Add more nuts and chips on top if desired.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 24 to 36 bars.