I have to share this great recipe from my Betty Crocker Cookbook I received from
my sister as a shower gift many years ago. They taste the best with homemade apple butter!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple (1 medium)
- 1 cup cinnamon-flavored baking chips (from 10-oz bag)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add apple butter, eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- On low speed, beat in flour, baking soda and salt until well blended. Stir in apple and cinnamon chips. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and top is evenly browned. Cool in pan on cooling rack at least 1 hour.
- In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle glaze over bars. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.