This is the time of year to eat all those veggies. Use carrots, pepper slices, celery and it is very tasty on some good crusty bread. Spread the bean dip then top with grated carrots, beets, fresh parsley. Top with fresh Nasturtiums!
ANY BEAN DIP
* Makes 1 1/2 cups
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 tablespoons chopped red onion
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 1/2 cups beans (cooked or from one 15-ounce can), drained
use white, cannelli, butter beans
* 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
* Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
* Celery sticks, for serving
Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic and onion until tender, about 2 minutes. Add cumin and chili powder; stir and remove from heat.
In a food processor, pulse beans until chopped. Add onion mixture and 1/4 cup water and pulse to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in parsley