Cinco de Mayo! The perfect day to incorporate a Mexican style dish. Here is a good corn salad. I use my freshly frozen garden corn this time year. Try making it in the summer with fresh grilled corn, even better!!
- 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 3 cups corn (about 4 ears), cut from the cob is the best!
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 glove garlic, grated
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tablespoons or more of cotija – a Mexican cheese (or feta), crumbled
- chili powder to taste
Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat
Add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, mix it up and let it char again. Or use freshly grilled, charred corn on the cob, then add to skillet.
Add the jalapeno, saute for a minute and remove from heat.
Mix everything and serve at room temperature.