I am always looking for Bulgur recipes and this one is just the one to use up my cherry tomatoes! Now just so it stays warm enough so some more can get ripe 🙂
- 2 cups whole grain quick-cooking bulgur (11 to 12 ounces)
- 2 15- to 16-ounce cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 2 1/2-pint containers small red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced unpeeled English hothouse cucumber
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers from jar
- 2/3 cup (packed) chopped fresh dill
- or substitute the dill for some Italian flat leaf parsley–equally as good!
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
Cook bulgur in large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain well. Transfer to large bowl. Add garbanzos and next 4 ingredients.
Whisk vinegar and cumin in small bowl. Whisk in oil. Season dressing with salt and pepper; pour over bulgur to coat salad. Season with salt and pepper.