The cucumbers are coming pretty fast and being I planted the Japanese style they are perfect for salads, add some shrimp and dinner is done!
Don’t add anymore tarragon, thyme as these are stronger herbs, if you want add less then add more to your personal taste. Easier to add as once it is in, you cannot take out.
Fresh Garden Vegetable Dinner or Lunch Salad
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced such as Japanese or English
- 10 cherry or pear tomatoes, diced
- 2-3 cobs corn, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 bag of cooked shrimp or 1/2 pound fresh from the deli at your local supermarket
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon thyme, chopped (or regular thyme)
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ tsp fennel seeds, ground
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, add the diced cucumber, tomatoes, cold corn kernels, cooked shrimp and chopped fresh herbs. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add ground fennel seeds, salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add to reserved salad and toss ligthly to coat evenly.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and flowers.