The snow peas are coming in great abundance. If you would some, just give me a call only $2 per gallon bag full!!
Try this with your fresh snow peas.
Orzo with Mushroom, Snow Peas, and Pine Nuts
6 to 8 servings
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 2 shallots minced
* 1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms (can include cepes, creminis, portobellos, etc), sliced thinly
* 1/2 pound of fresh snow peas, julienned or chopped into chunks
* 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
* 1 pound orzo, cooked according to box directions
* 1 tablespoon of butter, optional
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
dash o hot f red pepper flakes ( I use mine from the previous years garden, until this years crop is ready) Try cayenne or jalapeno flakes.
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a saute pan. Add shallots and saute. Add mushrooms and saute until brown. Add snow peas and cook for 1 minute. Add pine nuts. Add mixture to the orzo. Butter may be added, to taste. Season with salt and pepper, red pepper flakes to taste.