Beets make a really good salad, and so much color to the plate!
Beet and Celery Salad
- 4 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing, your choice (see below)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cooked beets or 1 (15-ounce) can sliced beets
- 2 stalks celery, plus leaves for garnish
In a medium mixing bowl, combine dressing and orange juice. Strain beets and add to bowl. Slice celery, including leaves, thin on the bias. Add celery to the bowl and toss together. Place on a platter and top with celery leaves.
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt preferablycoarse ground
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
Mix or blend together, keep in jar in refrigerator.