Crusted Spinach with Cheese
This is a great recipe I found that tastes a lot like spanakopita with more flavors.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 5 ounces baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dill (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup feta (crumbled)
- 1 cup mozzarella (grated)
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the green onion and spinach and saute until the spinach wilts.
- Remove from heat and mix in the dill and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the spinach mixture into a shallow 6 cup baking dish.
- Mix the milk, eggs, and flour in a food processor and pour it on top of the spinach.
- Sprinkle the feta and mozzarella on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until puffed and golden brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.