I love popovers! They are light and wonderful with some honey butter or homemade jam or lemon curd. I also put some yogurt on them sometimes.
Here is the recipe that is from the Daytons store years ago and it is still my favorite go to popover recipe. You really need a popover pan as below to make the best popovers. You can purchase online or at a food supply store.
Non-stick cooking spray
1 2/3 cup whole milk
5 TBSP melted butter and cooled
1 2/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat popover pans or deep muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray and heat pans in oven for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat eggs until frothy.
- Add milk and melted butter and mix well.
- Add flour and salt and mix to just combine.
- Carefully divide batter among preheated pans, filling each cup just under half full.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until puffy and well-browned (finished popovers should pull away from pan easily and feel light to touch). Remove from pan and serve warm.