1. Cleaning drains Pour 1/2 cup baking soda in the drain, followed by 1/2 cup vinegar; the mixture will foam as it cleans and deodorizes. Use every few weeks to keep drains clean. 2. Mildew on plastic shower curtains Put the shower curtain in the washing machine with light-colored towels; add 1 cup white vinegar to the detergent and wash.
3. Soap scum on shower Spray on vinegar, scrub and rinse.
4. Toilet hard-water rings Shut off water at the tank and flush to remove as much water as possible. Spray vinegar on the ring, sprinkle in borax and scrub with drywall sandpaper.
5. Showerhead deposits Pour white vinegar into a plastic bag, tape to the showerhead and leave overnight. Brush the showerhead to remove remaining deposits.
6. Softening laundry Fill dispenser with 1/4 cup white vinegar to soften laundry without leaving odors.
7. Cleaning vinyl floors Add 1/4 cup vinegar to 1 gallon hot water for spotless floors.
8. Cleaning windows Mix 50 percent white vinegar with 50 percent water in a spray bottle. Spray glass surfaces and wipe dry.
9. Neutralize pet odors Mix 1 part white vinegar to 3 parts water. Pour on stained areas and blot; never rub to remove stains and odors.
10. Greasy dishes Mix 2 tablespoons white vinegar to liquid dish soap to boost its cleaning power.